Saturday, February 21, 2015

Family essay edited



Misty Peak
English 101
Kelly Anthony
13 February 2015
                I am going to write about family and what family means to me. I have had a very close family for the majority of my life, up until a few months ago that is. Then my mother decided to leave my dad after 25 years of marriage all because she claims to be in love with a guy she dated at the age of fourteen. I have learned that family is not always blood related to you and sometimes the people that are blood related to you can hurt you the worst.
                My mother left my dad in September my husband (John) and I told her she could stay with us and she told us no. I understood that she then moved in with her brother and told all of that side of the family that she had no were to go and she was homeless. Mind you John and I had offered her place to live. So then I found out that I was pregnant and I told her, the response I got broke my heart and I don’t know how to get over it. She said well you screwed up your life and have fun living with your dad. My sister and father were both very supportive and have been. But my mother the person I thought would be happy for us told me that.
                After a few months of her calling I finally answered and told her, I told her that she had no right to talk to me that way and made more money than we do and she still asked to borrow money when she has a few bills. John and I have more bills and make less money and she still wants to borrow money. I told her she had no right calling me and I wanted an apology.
                This is the moment when I realized that family is not what I had thought it was. Also the people in your family do not have to be blood related to you. They can be your best friend, my family has changed over the past few months. My best friend is like a sister to me, between her my real sister, my father and John those are the people that got me through what happened with my mother.  I still talk to my mother just not near as much and honesty the only reason why I do is because my father asks me to.M y parents are not back together (even thoe my dad wants her back.) his because he me wants me to talk to her, the reason being he says he wants me to have no regrets if something happens, she is my mom and there for blood.
                My new found family is amazing and I would not change about them. The new family is my friends, my sister and her family, my dad and my husband and son on the way. Now family means to me anyone who can be there for you at any time just because they want to be and not because they have to be. So what is your outlook on family?

No comments:

Post a Comment