Friday, February 13, 2015

makeing life decisions

2/12/2015

In the next few weeks I have a big decision to make, it will affect my life forever. My husband and I are having a baby, he will be here in 14 weeks, and then after that I will be off work. This is when the decision comes in. My boss is willing to let me have the time off but will not give me all my hours back and wont even talk to me about the hours. He told me that he has to hire someone to cover and when i come back he can not just take hours away form them. So in a sense I am thinking he is trying to fire/ make me quite sense I have to have the time off. I looked up Missouri law on this and he has to follow the disability law. But sense he is such a small business I don't not if that means he has to do it.  But this is my decision I could wait and see what happens there or I could go get another job that is not in a restaurant, so my income would be stable and I would have insurance for my family. The only thing that worries me is I have with this job for almost 8 years and I love it most of the time.  But at the same time I think it is time for a change. I mean it is just a job, and there are several jobs out there. I have a good work history. I am 25 years old and I have had the same job for 8 years and it is a waitress job. So I do not think I would have a hard time finding work as long as I do not leave this job on bad terms. But I am not going to make up my mind yet. I am going to wait until after the baby is here. Right now there is nothing more important to me then this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment